Monday, November 1, 2010

Blog 9: What went well, bad,or whatever you say about your first essay?

As me and the professor went over my paper for this first project, we discovered that it was great writing and very descriptive and fun. This by itself that I have written so far would be great just to read aloud describing my scar that I got when I was eight. But we had another idea.

I really wanted incorporate something from another journal entry we wrote in class. This one was about things that would be important to us if we had little time before we were going to die. I had ideas like:
-Travel outside of the country, juste relax and let time go
-write and publish something/ finish my book that I  am currently writing so that when I am gone my writing will still be here,legendary like Dickinson
-Speak spanish fluently and comfortably
-Spend time with my little sister, humble, loving
-Mom and boyfriend's mom
-Learn not to worry so much, anxious, anxiety
-Love/Romance if I've achieved not to be so anxious

The next question that was asked was how did I become this person, and it made me think hard, but not too hard. There weren't so much of events that made me this way, and that person is my father. It was kind of funny because he was with me in my childhood up until the age of 10, and then wasn't active in my life until the age of 20. I realized several things that are big about me that had to come from him.
-He'd be the one to say I love you
-He was a writer and a DJ and loved music
-He loves hard like a female would to people that are close to his heart

So I had a question of was this genetics or....?
Is it that the age 1-9 really impacted me?
What was it?

So now in my paper the beginning description will stay there as a metaphor to the inside and outside but the rest will be changed and be about me and my father's strange connection.

In the beginning I  will be talking about my cut and how there is something that separates the outside of the skin and what's underneath the skin; the membrane. It will be separated into three sections; what's on the surface, what's on the other side and how that all meshes together in the end and how I got my dad's traits. I can make metaphors about bones, the cut, and blood. Then I can make sense as to how it healed and now I know what's inside of my body/me --> my dad. What I knew then I what I know now.

No comments:

Post a Comment