Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Blog 15: More Brainstorming for Project 2

In the first journal entry these were the things that stuck out to me that I thought could contribute to my paper.

1. but in my head it was big so that she could hurt me. 2. The smell of the dryer and the grease mixed together was very distinctive 3. My grandmother would always say, "You shouldn't be the one complaining." Then I found my mom saying it and now I say it4.It felt like the worst feeling in the world, but I found out; it's not. 

1. This one could be about how i saw the comb as an object that could hurt me but it really was to help me. This can be about something or someone in my life. Possibly about my grandmother, because our relationship wasn't the best when I was younger but now it keeps getting better every time we are together.
2. This  could possibly be the beginning of my essay. Maybe I can start by smelling something and then it lead me to my grandmother's house and then into her back room
3. This, I saw as symbolism for the generations of the females in my family. it seems to be that the generations have patterns. We all pick up somethings that our mother or grandmother or great grandmother used to do or say, i.e. hair, cleaning, relationships to each other (my mother was closer to her grandmother than she was to her mother, and the same thing applies to me and my sister) etc.
4. Me getting my hair done was my biggest trouble when I was younger. As you get older you have bigger troubles, and when you look back, the things that used to be your biggest trouble don't look so bad.

In the second journal entry these were the things that stuck out to me that I thought could contribute to my paper.


 1. When I was younger she was meaner there and now she is a lot nicer. 2. The orange carpet was patted down with no more fluff from generations of wear and tear. 3. There was a big old television with no cable that now has cable.

1. This can contribute to my relationship with my grandmother and as I get older things are changing.
2. The orange carpet can do with the generations of my grandmother's grandchildren coming in and out of the room just like we used to do at my great grandmother's house.
3. Another way of saying that  things change as you get older, some for the better and some for the worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment