Monday, October 25, 2010

Blog 13: Reflection on Day of Writing

The day of writing was beautiful!  I didn't expect it to go so well. At first I was hesitant to go because I wasn't feeling so well about something and I didn't know if everyone was going to enjoy my writing; but like they say, you are your own worst critic I thought I was the first person but I was the second and it made me even more nervous after going after someone with such a great story. I went over with Marg, and when I got up there the crowd wasn't so bad considering it was just us. I read three selections; First essay draft, Entry 47, and The Day. On my first reading everyone loved how descriptive it was. They loved how I took an average scrape on the knee and turned it into something delicious and scary for little kids and music to the ears. On my second reading, Entry 47, at first everyone was a little giggly. As it went on the crowd became quiet. At the ned, everyone eyes were on me and you could here a in dropped. They were surprised at the ending of my poem. The professor was overwhelmed with joy from my writing. The last piece I read also had a good response and overall I had a great outcome. Professor Chandler said delightfully, "So, you're a writer!" This all made my day and uplifted my spirits. i was glad that I actually came. I got to hear some great stories from my peers. Especially one in particular named Click. he intertwined different things he dealt with in life that associated with different sounds of clicking. It was a brilliant piece. I was glad that I came and would not mind doing i again.

When you come to things like this, you realize how much you love writing and it brings you back to your pen and paper. I believe I found my pen and paper again.

No comments:

Post a Comment